No such thing as "just a burger" at Lake Tahoe's Hard Rock Cafe
One can take a trip around the world without leaving South Lake Tahoe with a stop at the Hard Rock Cafe this month.
Their 3rd annual World Burger Tour has been at the famous cafe since May 1, and goes just until June 25, so now may be your only chance to visit Argentina, Spain and Tennessee without an airline ticket.
Each year, legendary burgers from the chain's locations around the world enter their "local" burgers into a contest, and the winners are shared with others:
- · English Breakfast Burger (London, England) – a Certified Angus Beef® patty topped with sliced ham, a sausage patty, a fried egg, a Portobello mushroom, arugula and garlic aioli and served with a side of baked beans
- · Colombian Plantain Burger (Cartagena, Colombia) – a South American savory and sweet combination of caramelized onions, bacon and Monterey Jack Cheese, spiked with molasses and topped with fried plantains on a Certified Angus Beef® patty. Perfectly paired with crispy plantain chips and mojo sauce
- · Jambalaya Burger (Louisiana, United States) – this big easy burger features spiced up Certified Angus Beef® fixed with Cajun mayo, pickles, andouille sausage, pepper jack cheese and a jammin’ jambalaya rice cake
- · Kimchi Burger (Seoul, South Korea) – a tradition years in the making, Certified Angus Beef® patty topped with Sriracha-seasoned kimchi, bulgogi sauce, fresh tomato and lettuce and Sriracha mayo
- · Tennessee BBQ Burger (Tennessee, United States) – like a good country ballad, this Certified Angus Beef® burger brings happy tears with BBQ dry rubbed premium beef topped with pickle slices, Memphis slaw, pulled pork, pig sauce, crispy onions and cheddar
- · Tango Salsa Burger (Buenos Aires, Argentina) – shake it up with andouille sausage, Certified Angus Beef®, salsa criolla, garlic aioli, Monterey jack cheese, fresh arugula and a fried egg to top off the burger
- · Olé Burger (Barcelona, Spain) – a fury of red peppered Romesco sauce, roasted vegetables, with goat cheese crumbles and arugula, dancing on a Certified Angus Beef® and between a toasted bun
The most popular worldly burger on the South Shore in May was the English Breakfast Burger according to Jacquelyne Jahn, Sales and Marketing Assistant for the Hard Rock Cafe at Harvey's. "It was unique and fun to try," she said.
Hard Rock offered four of the special burgers in May, and another three in June. This month the burgers are the Tango Salsa Burger, Barcelona Olé Burger and the Tennessee BBQ Burger.
To get to this final menu more than 160 local burgers were evaluated by Hard Rock’s culinary team with crowd favorites added to this 2017 lineup.
Lake Tahoe's entry was their local burger, the Crawfish Burger. They take diced crawfish, shrimp and mild Italian sausage and make it into a patty, and its served with avocado and jalapeno garlic aioli. While they didn't make it to the final worldwide menu, local diners can enjoy it any time on the South Shore.
“Hard Rock’s World Burger Tour continues to feed our guests’ desire for adventure, so this year we’ve revamped the menu to highlight unique and authentic ingredients from around the world,” said Darryl Mickler, Senior Director of Research and Development for Hard Rock International. “Guests can experience global flavors without leaving their hometown – from bold South Korea kimchi to sweet Colombia plantains, there’s something legendary for every palate.”
For those who are gluten-free, all of their burgers can be made without gluten.